Wharton management professor Matthew Bidwell found that external hires get paid, on average, 18% to 20% more than internal workers who get promoted to the same position. Translation: To see a big pay increase, switch companies.
But how exactly do you find the highest paying jobs in today’s competitive workplace? The answer is pretty straightforward.
- Quotes of the Day: Be you, the world will adjust
- Quotes of the Day: We do not remember days, we remember moments
- Daily Inspiration (May 29): I stopped looking for the light
- Daily Inspiration (October 18): Rule your mind or it will rule you
- Daily Inspiration (June 11): In the end, only three things matter
- Quotes of the Day: Life is too short to start your day with broken pieces of yesterday