Wharton management professor Matthew Bidwell found that external hires get paid, on average, 18% to 20% more than internal workers who get promoted to the same position. Translation: To see a big pay increase, switch companies.
But how exactly do you find the highest paying jobs in today’s competitive workplace? The answer is pretty straightforward.
- Quotes of the Day: It is never too late to be what you might have been
- Quotes of the Day: Give me the wisdom to know what must be done and the courage to do it
- Daily Inspiration (August 30): Never make permanent decisions on temporary feelings
- Quotes of the Day: When you’re happy, you enjoy the music
- Quotes of the Day: Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come
- Daily Inspiration (November 9): Worrying is literally betting against yourself