It’s not enough to be “hard working, experienced, and a strong team player.” Pretty much everyone who applies for a job claims these basic qualifications. “These unquantifiable generalities won’t differentiate you from everyone else vying for the same positions,”
Think about the specifics that make you different. Focus first on what the employer needs from their employees; you can learn this via their job descriptions, by talking to knowledgeable people, and by reading information online from your target organizations.
- Daily Inspiration (January 5): Ten years from now, make sure you can say that you chose your life
- Daily Inspiration (February 13): The quieter you become, the more you can hear
- Quotes of the Day: Don’t say maybe if you want to say no
- Daily Inspiration (June 27): It’s not the future that you’re afraid of
- Quotes of the Day: Surround yourself with people who see your value and remind you of it
- Daily Inspiration (May 10): If your goals set you apart from the crowd