It’s not enough to be “hard working, experienced, and a strong team player.” Pretty much everyone who applies for a job claims these basic qualifications. “These unquantifiable generalities won’t differentiate you from everyone else vying for the same positions,”
Think about the specifics that make you different. Focus first on what the employer needs from their employees; you can learn this via their job descriptions, by talking to knowledgeable people, and by reading information online from your target organizations.
- The Resume Handbook: Registered Nurse (RN) Resume Samples with Action Verbs and Keywords
- [Insights] An economic forecaster advised legislators to pay more attention to older adults in the workplace
- Daily Inspiration (November 2): Your first instinct is usually right
- Daily Inspiration (June 19): Collaborate with people you can learn from
- Quotes of the Day: I broke my rules for you
- Daily Inspiration (October 13): Take a second to think about how blessed you are