“Fewer hours available, especially for men,” he said.
“The increasing push towards part-time work and casualisation, the greater use of independent contractors by businesses, which lends itself … to a greater degree of insecurity in employment.”
Professor Duncan suggested men should look for work in the growing services sector — in jobs currently dominated by women.
“I think roles in the healthcare sector, in education, care services, either aged care, childcare,” he said.
“All of these roles I think will offer great opportunities for careers into the future and for career progression.”
- Quotes of the Day: If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple, know what you are doing
- Daily Inspiration (December 16): Don’t raise your voice
- Daily Inspiration (September 1): At the end of the day, you can either focus on
- Daily Inspiration (October 13): Take a second to think about how blessed you are
- Daily Inspiration (December 30): Don’t wait. The time will never be just right
- Daily Inspiration (January 9): A quiet mind is able to hear intuition over fear