“Fewer hours available, especially for men,” he said.
“The increasing push towards part-time work and casualisation, the greater use of independent contractors by businesses, which lends itself … to a greater degree of insecurity in employment.”
Professor Duncan suggested men should look for work in the growing services sector — in jobs currently dominated by women.
“I think roles in the healthcare sector, in education, care services, either aged care, childcare,” he said.
“All of these roles I think will offer great opportunities for careers into the future and for career progression.”
- Daily Inspiration (October 3): One of the luckiest things that can happen to you in life is
- Quotes of the Day: I don’t trust words. I even question actions
- Daily Inspiration (September 19): You are so much stronger than you think
- Daily Inspiration (July 16): Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will
- Quotes of the Day: Everyone wants to be the sun to lighten up someone’s life
- Quotes of the Day: Your life is a result of the choices you make