“Fewer hours available, especially for men,” he said.
“The increasing push towards part-time work and casualisation, the greater use of independent contractors by businesses, which lends itself … to a greater degree of insecurity in employment.”
Professor Duncan suggested men should look for work in the growing services sector — in jobs currently dominated by women.
“I think roles in the healthcare sector, in education, care services, either aged care, childcare,” he said.
“All of these roles I think will offer great opportunities for careers into the future and for career progression.”
- Daily Inspiration (September 20): What you do today is important
- Daily Inspiration (March 3): I’m going to succeed because I’m crazy enough to think I can
- Quotes of the Day: Don’t waste words on people who deserve your silence
- Daily Inspiration (June 13): Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back
- Quotes of the Day: Don’t ever use someone’s past against them
- Quotes of the Day: Great Motivational Quotes That Will Make Your Day by Allcupation.com